Join the Braille Works Team In Our Mission of “Making The World A More Readable Place”
We are a family owned company with Christ-centered values, that provides alternative format documents to people who are visually impaired or blind.
Do you want to stop working nights and weekends? Do you have great computer skills? Do you have a high attention to detail? We are a rapidly growing company located in Seffner, FL that makes documents for individuals with sight impairments and blindness. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Come Join a Friendly Company with Family Values
If you have laser-like focus, attention to detail and advanced skills with Microsoft Word (know how to manipulate table properties and all formatting elements)…. you might be our next team member! Must be able to commute to our Seffner, FL office for full-time hours Monday-Friday between 7:30am – 5:30pm.
- EOE M/F/V/D
- Drug Free Workplace
- Employment is contingent on a clear background check
(Certain positions require additional Federal and/or client-based background checks)
Benefits for Full Time Positions:
- 48 Hours of Paid Time Off (after successful completion of 90 day orientation period) & 8 Paid Holidays
- 40 Hours of Vacation (after 1 year of full-time service)
- Health Insurance Company Contribution
The current positions being offered are listed below. To apply for a position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please. Recruiters, please don’t contact us about job postings, principals only. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
As a Braille Works Team Member, you have an impact on Making The World A More Readable Place™ by producing reading materials for people with blindness, visual and reading impairments. The company continues its years of consistent growth with the following full-time opportunities for you to join the team!
The following skills are required in order to successfully perform the responsibilities of these positions:
- Willingness to learn custom-developed software
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working within a flexible environment
- Consistently comply with tight deadlines
- Able to perform job duties while sitting down and/or standing up at a computer workstation for long periods of time
These opportunities are for full-time positions; working 5 days / 40 hours per work week. The hourly compensation varies based on experience and a competitive benefits package will be offered. Candidates must pass a computer assessment, drug test and background check. Some positions also require a Federal and/or client-issued background check and proof of U.S. citizenship.
If you are interested in working for a friendly, cool, and compassionate company, please send your resume for consideration to email@example.com, and indicate the job title in the Subject: line. We are a drug free, casual-dressed workplace. EOE M/F/V/D
- The Formatter is primarily responsible for converting standard size documents into large print format following established guidelines. This process is accomplished through knowledge of Microsoft Word formatting tools, including tables, margins and columns and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat cropping tools. As workflow dictates, this person also assists in various mailroom/shipping responsibilities (including lifting up to 15 lbs.).
- Pay for this position is commensurate with experience.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible interview; no phone calls please.