You have questions; we have answers! Below you can find the answers to the questions we hear the most from friends and customers like you.
How long does it take to get something in braille or another accessible format? What’s your turnaround time?
We get this question a lot! In fact, it’s such a common question that we wrote a blog about braille printing turnaround times. For repetitive letters, statements & notices, the turnaround time is approximately 3 business days. For larger documents, turnaround times can be up to 20 business days depending on the complexity of the document. Complex components include: Charts, graphs, tables, forms, and other visually dominated elements. To learn more about our processes, check out our Technology and Processes page.
What services do you offer?
We offer a suite of accessible document creation services:
- Custom braille transcription
- Large print
- Section 508 remediation of PDF documents
Can you give me a quote, or an idea of costs?
We’re happy to provide free quotes for any of your documents. To receive a quote, upload your document(s) through the forms on the website. Please do not upload documents containing sensitive information. For sensitive documents containing PII/PHI, contact us and we will setup a secure FTP for you. All projects are custom and the quotes will reflect your specific requirements.
What languages can you transcribe?
Our transcription services are available in several languages, including English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German. Please keep in mind that we offer transcription services, not translation services. We will need you to send the document, already translated, in the language requested.
How do I know it’s accurate?
What a great question! Accuracy is critical when it comes to transcribing accessible business documents. We have very strict quality assurance measures that go into every project. Our team of specialists analyze, prepare and review every project, and we take pride in knowing that the work we do is accurate and on-time. Every time. We’re also WCAG AA Compliant, Section 508 Compliant, ADA Compliant, and meet the Braille Authority of North America (BANA) Standards with our transcriptions.
Who are some of your previous clients?
It is our privilege to work with clients from an array of industries:
- Federal Government agencies such as The Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Justice, and even NASA.
- Major national financial institutions and smaller community-based banks.
- National health insurance companies and healthcare providers.
- National restaurant chains like Chili’s, Applebee’s, and Outback Steakhouse, as well as local mom and pop eateries and hotel restaurants.
A few accessibility facts:
This isn’t a frequently asked question, but it’s great information we think everyone should know!
- There are approximately 285 million people in the world are visually impaired, 39 million of which are blind (World Health Organization, 2014).
- In the U.S. alone, there are approximately 33 million people with visual impairments.
- Approximately 19 million children live with visual impairments.
When you provide accessible documents to your customers with visual impairments or blindness, you’re making a smart business move. Your business will benefit by reaching millions of under-served customers, not to mention their friends and families through the power of word-of-mouth and online reviews.
We bring more than two decades of experience and a passion for inclusion, let’s start your project together today. Thanks for including people with blindness and visual disabilities in your business!