Whether you need a one-time braille transcription or regular monthly customer communications, Braille Works is here to serve you. Our braille transcription process meets or exceeds the standards set forth by the Braille Authority of North America (BANA) and Unified English Braille (UEB). With over 30 high-speed braille embossers, 25 high-volume printers, live readers and Text-to-Speech (TTS), in-house programmers and in-house 508 Compliance Specialists, we can provide fast and accurate transcriptions of your documents.
Here are some examples of the braille documents we produce:
Why Braille Works? Accuracy and security. Every time.
- Over 20 years’ experience providing accessible, high-quality documents
- All services performed in-house from start to finish
- Strict adherence to the industry’s highest security standards and quality control procedures
- In-house ADA Compliance Specialists ensure all federal laws observed
- Section 508 and WCAG certifications available
Braille Transcription Process
We perform all of our braille transcription, printing and embossing on location at Braille Works’ facilities. This allows us to guarantee your document’s security and ensure all of our final products meet our standards of quality and accuracy.
- We receive and review your document.
- Our in-house, professional transcriptionist converts your document to Braille Ready Format (.brf).
- We perform a Quality Assurance check to ensure your document is accurate.
- The document is then produced in-house on of our high-speed braille embossers.
- We package and ship your braille document to you.
For questions regarding our process including turnaround time and quality assurance, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Braille Transcription Languages Available
Braille Works transcribes materials in many languages including:
Braille Printing and Binding Options
Paper: We use 8 ½ x 11 inch 65 lb. white cover stock paper. This “holds” the dots and makes the braille much easier to read. These documents are bound with a plastic GBC comb or spiral binding and can include protective plastic covers when requested.
Binding: Several methods of binding are available. Your Braille Works rep will review the options with you to determine the best method of binding for your projects.
Accessible Document Remediation Services
We also provide a service for converting documents to a “screen reader friendly” format. This process gives your customers with blindness or low vision an accessible document (Section-508 compliant) they can listen to independently using their PC. [Learn More]
Click the Icons Below for Solutions Specifically Geared Towards Your Industry