Affordable Care Act Deadline Quickly ApproachingPublished on
Friendly reminder January 31, 2016 is the final day to make sure you are covered, under The Affordable Care Act. Signing up by the deadline of January 31, 2016 can help you avoid any fines from noncompliance. The Healthcare.gov website is filled with valuable information and it is a convenient way to register before the deadline.
Remember, you must update your information each year to avoid any inaccurate information, as situations and guidelines might change. It doesn’t take a lot of time to verify and update your information.
If you have one of the following plans you are considered covered and you do not need to do anything else at this point:
- Marketplace plan (with current information)
- Any insurance plan that meets the guidelines
- Any employer plan (including COBRA)
- Retirement plans (with or without Grandfather Status)
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- TRICARE (Military and Military Family Covereage)
- Veterans healthcare programs
- Peace Corps Volunteer plans
If you are requiring documents in an alternative to print ADA compliant format it is your legal right to request and receive the needed documentation. This can be obtained from the Marketplace Provider or by contacting Healthcare.gov at 1-800-318-2596. Learn more here today, register or update your information.
More on the Affordable Care Act
This post was written by